Career Opening: Controller
Career Opening: Controller
Location: Woodstock Ontario
Job Type: Full-time
About Tilt Wall Ontario:
Tilt Wall Ontario is a dynamic and fast-growing construction company committed to delivering superior building products and services to the Ontario construction industry since 2002. With a focus on tilt-up construction and design, we work closely with our clients to create buildings that combine lasting beauty and value. Our mission is to build concrete relationships, positively impact lives, and exceed expectations through leadership training, high-quality products, and outstanding service. If you’re a finance professional looking to grow with a forward-thinking company in a challenging and rewarding role, we encourage you to apply.
As the Controller at Tilt Wall Ontario, you will play a pivotal role in directing, overseeing, and managing the company’s financial and accounting functions. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the integrity of our financial processes, managing financial reporting and analysis, controlling cash flow, and maintaining compliance with company policies and external regulations. Your expertise will be crucial in driving cost-effective and efficient financial practices, ultimately contributing to the success and growth of the organization.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Financial Process Management: Manage and optimize financial processes and systems in alignment with company policies.
• Accounting Policies and Controls: Establish and enforce accounting policies, procedures, and controls to maintain financial integrity.
• Financial Reporting: Prepare financial statements, working papers, accruals, and adjustments. Assist external accountants in year-end financial statement preparation.
• Financial Analysis: Review monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet reports, conducting financial analysis.
• Cash Management: Oversee cash flow, cash control, and financial and cash flow budgeting and forecasting.
• Job Costing: Analyze cost data from multiple job sites.
• Government Reporting: Manage required government reporting and meet deadlines.
• Bank Reporting: Prepare and file required bank reports.
• Fixed Assets: Manage fixed assets and equipment leases.
• Year-End Reporting: Prepare year-end reports for external accountants.
• Financing: Organize financing when required for company operations.
• Interdepartmental Collaboration: Prepare reports for other departments and work closely with operations leaders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competency Requirements:
• Education: Completion of post-secondary studies in accounting; CPA designation preferred.
• Experience: A minimum of 3 years of full-cycle accounting experience in the construction industry, including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
• Construction Knowledge: Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures.
• Legal and Administrative: Familiarity with laws and administrative policies governing financial practices and procedures.
• Project/Job Costing: Experience in project/job costing.
• Software Proficiency: Advanced computer skills, particularly with QuickBooks and Excel for generating comprehensive reports.
• Attributes: Strong attention to detail, accuracy, reliability, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Analytical Skills: Exceptional analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Time Management: Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks for timely and efficient results.
• Sound Judgment: The capability to use sound judgment when setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Communication: Effective communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities.
• Team Player: Well-organized and a collaborative team player, including participation in high-level planning and group involvement processes.
• Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing dynamics in a rapidly evolving environment.
• Stakeholder Management: Skill in handling various stakeholders and managing multiple tasks in a complex environment.
• Availability: Willingness to work extended hours as required.
• Versatility: The ability to work across diverse environments and personalities.
If you’re an experienced Accounting Professional ready to take on a Controller role with Tilt Wall Ontario, a leader in the construction industry, we invite you to apply by sending your resume to Len Overbeek.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org